When I first saw cleansing conditioner on a page of the beauty supply ad I kind of rolled my eyes, thinking it was just another thing to spend money on.
BUT as I started to hear a little about it I was intrigued and decided I should look into this new product.
Keep reading for everything you need to know about cleansing conditioner!
What is a cleansing conditioner?
- “a low-lathering, fast-rinsing, soap-free formula” intended to clean hair gently
- used in place of traditional shampoo and conditioner
- applied to wet hair, combed, and left on for about 5 minutes.
I bought the Matrix Biolage cleansing conditioner for medium hair. I’m glad I tried it! I really like this product and I really like the price.
A few great things:
- this conditioner smells wonderful
- there are a variety of formulas based on your hair type/needs as well as corresponding styling products.
- the conditioner is a nice consistency and rinses out of the hair without a greasy feeling.
I use mine every few times that I wash my hair. On the days I have a lot of products I use my regular shampoo and conditioner, otherwise, I use this. Note, I wash my hair every other day because it is dry.
My bottle has lasted a while but when I use it up I would like to try the formula for curly hair and eventually try some other brands to see how they compare.
Have you tried a cleansing conditioner?